Monday, April 24, 2006

Gràdh Geal Mo Chridh' (Fair Love Of My Heart)


Lochaber, Fort William, Ben Nevis & the Caledonian Canal. Lands where Clan MacDonald roamed.
(Courtesy of Scottish Panoramic )



High in the misty highlands
Out by the purple islands
Brave are the hearts that beat
Beneath Scottish skies
Wild are the winds to meet you
Staunch are the friends that greet you
Kind as the light that shines
From fair maiden's eyes.

Towering in gallant fame
Scotland my mountain hame
High may your proud standards
Gloriously wave!
Land of my high endeavor
Land of the shining river
Land of my heart forever
Scotland the brave!

-"Scotland the Brave", unofficial anthem

My beloved Scotland...Mo chroí ná do chroí, go deo na ndeoir- My heart is your heart, ever and always.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: