Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Cold and Rainy Night

A light rain falling
The cool night air caresses me
The night is still
A portentous silence
Reminding me of what was, is and what will be
What was lost, remains lost, and what I have yet to lose
Love
What was mine, remains mine and what will once more be mine
The memory of love
Like a recurring dream
A companion I have grown fond of
And refuse to give up

Is it just the memory I miss
Or is it you?
Our togetherness
What was once so real
A living breathing thing
Is now a distant memory
Like images captured in my mind's eye
Like footprints on a beach
Or words written
Washed away by wilful,playful waves
On a wild, windswept shore

Do you think of me at all?
On days like this
I miss you the most
Wherever you are
I hope you are well

Be happy
And know you are cherished and missed
By someone far away

2 comments:

~A4O~ said...

Nice work man. I thought you were a dragon. Upon further investigation your a horse. You definently write like a dragon though. At any rate your work is great. Later days, Mike...

editorialninja said...

*singing*
ash the mushy dragon lived by the sea....

good work dude!